Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fantastic Fourniversary!

Hey, Benjamin J. Grimm! What time is it?

Thing


That's right, Mister G! It's the Bully Blogiversary! Yes, today (well, yesterday really, but I wanted to post a Memorial Day tribute instead) is the fourth anniversary of Comics Oughta Be Fun! Can ya bullieve it? On May 25, 2005, I kicked off this blog with a review of The Amazing Spider-Man in which Peter was married to Mary Jane, issues from two series (Hulk and JLA) that have been cancelled and restarted in the meantime, and a cheap swipe at J. Michael Straczynski. In other words, nothing important has changed.

So, grab your toasting beverage of choice...

Hic!


...and let's take a quick trip down Memory Lane, or, as it's been re-named by the Bullyville Chamber of Commerce, Some of My Favorite Posts of the Last Year!

The Avengers Communicard: Don't leave home without it!




Whew! That's a lotta good posts! (And even more crappy ones.) But by far the highlight of this past year was meeting one of my greatest heroes, a person who I've been longing to meet for a long, long, time...
Batman and Bat-bull.


Oh, no. Not that guy. But rather...MISS JANE WIEDLIN!:
Bully and Jane Wiedlin, BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!!!

But, no matter the highlights of a year, I always enjoy lookin' forward to the one coming up. I want to thank you all for following along, sending me great comments, and for laughing at my lame jokes. I also want to single out one of my perpetually favorite commenters and thank her: C'mon up on stage and get a big Bully hug, Miss SallyPM! Sally consistently and frequently comments with humor and enthusiasm on a very large majority of my posts, and it's always a delight to see her comments pop up on screen. Thank you Sally, thank you everyone for reading along this year.

But especially and most of all, thank you, Randi. I luv you with all my little satin stuffed heart!

Randi and I have a chat while waiting in line

So! Thanks for hangin' out here in 2009, hope you'll stick around through 2010 and beyond, and most of all...keep reading comics!!

Where's Bully? It's like Waldo, but with comics. And Bully.



17 comments:

Dr. K said...

Happy Blogiversary, Bully! Thanks for 4 fantastic years!

Sol (Frederick) Badguy said...

Quoting Dr. K: "Happy Blogiversary, Bully"

Fun change for Ben Grimm's famous line

Matthew said...

Here's to the next four years, Bully!

S Bates said...

Sweet Petunia! Four years already!! Happy Blogoversary Bully!!! (can I use any more exclamation marks!!!?)

BTW, are little stuffed bulls allowed to drink Corona?

Michael Jones said...

Happy Quanniversary!

Furthermore, I concur with kudoes to SallyPM. Everywhere I surf, I read her comments and they are always witty, polite and often with just the right amount of GL.

Siskoid said...

Good job Bully! have a good (eep!) 5th year!

Dave Lartigue said...

Congrats Bully!!!

Sleestak said...

Have and awesome Blogoversary!

Scott said...

Merry Birfday, Bully! Hope you get lots of presents and cake and ice cream and beer and pretty stuffed lady bulls and suchlike! :)

Beta Ray Steve said...

Can there still be clobberin' ?
Congrats, this blog is great fun to read.

Chris Tolworthy said...

I only started reading a month ago, and this is now my fave comic blog. Come to think of it, that's just what I said on B for Blog, Fake Stan Lee and Star Lord. Eeek! Don't die on me, Bully!

Bill D. said...

Happy Anniversary, Bully. Thanks for all the fun.

Brian Doan said...

Congrats, Bully! Hope Jane W. shows up at your party!

Matthew Craig said...

Happy Blergday, you little stuffed superstar!

(PS, re: Alt Text: Am I the only person who thinks Pam Grier and Lisa Kudrow could be sisters?)

//\Oo/\\

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes you are. (or not, I just like that joke.)

Four more years indeed. Spotlighting fun/good comics can't happen enough.

Evan Waters said...

Only 4 years? It feels like you've always been around!

Happy Blogiversary!

Phillip said...

Four More Years! Happy blogiversary, Bully, and I'll see you (& John & Randi) in SD! (I hope!)