Monday, March 09, 2020

A Grand Night Out: Dinner with Pal Steve

I couldn't make it to see Dara Ó Briain last week and now he's yelling at me!





But I did get to have dinner at Homeland Brewery with my remarkable pal Steve (honcho of film blog Unseen Films)!


Steve said pick anything from the menu! I was tempted by the chowdah and the drinks...



...but I ultimately went with my favorite Homeland Brewery standby, the buffalo chicken rolls!


Steve even bought me a pint o' Guinness!

He wouldn't let me chip in on the tip, so instead I drew a nice self-portrait for the waitress to take home and pin on her fridge.



So the moral of the story is: please tip your waitress with a nice drawing.*

*also, 20%

I did not realize at the time it was very nearly the last thing I'd do out in Manhattan for the next two and a half years.

No comments: