Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Best to You Each Morning

Regular readers of my blog might remember a few months ago when I made Rice Krispie Crunchy Fudge Sandwiches, the delicious treat that's fun to eat! Or, in other words, how I turned all this:


Ingredients: they're what's for dinner.

into this:


Cut the cookies. Or, get an adult to cut the cookies for you.

Yum. Them's good eatin'.

You might also remember my tale of trying to find the recipe online when I needed it. One minute it was there on the RiceKrispies.com website...then it wasn't. Now you see delicious cookies...now you don't! I was wondering if Snap, Crackle and Pop were trying to gaslight me! Those mischievous little elves that they are.

Turns out, not at all! Soon afterwards i got a lovely personal email from a man called Karl Miller at Kellogg's, who has the wonderful job title of "Senior Brand Manager, Rice Krispies." Whoo! When I grow up, I would sure like being a brand manager of delicious, delicious cereal. I'm totally envious of you, Mr. Miller.

Mr. Miller told me that RiceKrispies.com was in the process of revamping their website and never fear, the recipe would be back up soon for many, many happy generations of cookie-eatin' little stuffed bulls (and kids, and adults too!) And here it is! I'm happy to say the official recipe is complete and definitive, so bookmark it now so you can make 'em any time you want! (Send me a couple when you do, okay?) The rest of the revamped site looks great too, and there's plenty more treats to be made from Rice Krispies, from the familiar and delicious Marshmallow Treats to a recipe I just gotta try: Baked Cinnamon French Toast! But never forget, just like Mama Bull always did, make sure you use the original, official Rice Krispies in every recipe for maximum tastiness! And snapping, crackling, and the other one.

I've really gotta thank Mister Miller for getting in touch with me and letting me know what's going on. That's how you do marketing, folks—friendly, professional, and filled in the middle with melted chocolate. So thank you very much for watchin' out for the cooking needs of a little stuffed bull, Mister Miller...if you're ever in Brooklyn, drop by and I'll pour you a big bowl of cereal. (You can even use my Tony the Tiger bowl if you like!) Oh!—and he also sent me a lovely photo of some very special Crunchy Fudge Treats the crack team at Kellogg's whipped up for yours little stuffed truly:

Rice Krispie Crunchy Fudge Sandwiches


Yummmmmmmm. Now those are cookies fit for a little bull! Thanks ever so much, Mister Miller. We're totally a Kellogg's family right here in our little household, because it's not just the cereal but also the people who work there who are...to quote a tiger pal of mine...grrrrrrrrrreat!

Kellogg's brings the best to me each morning



1 comment:

SallyP said...

We can always count on you to go that extra step, Bully.

I must make these treats. Immediately!