Thursday, June 09, 2022

Today in Comics History, June 9, 1939: I'm pretty sure that font didn't come along until 1965, but I'm willing to overlook it if you are

Averting my usual tag of "newspapers don't look like that!," here's a comic book newspaper that actually does look like that — I mean, kinda realistic!


from "The Secret Origin of the Golden Age Sandman" in Secret Origins (1986 series) #7 (DC, October 1986), co-plot and script by Roy Thomas, co-plot by Dann Thomas, pencils by Michael Bair, inks by Steve Montano, colors by Carl Gafford, letters by David Cody Weiss

There's such a lot of fine detail to this one-shot that I've taken these pictures from a digital edition rather than the original muddied newsprint copy. It's well worth picking this up as an e-book.

Oh, they are so not a fun couple:


It's true: I learned much of my World War II history from Roy Thomas expository dialogue.

1 comment:

Blam said...

Where do you get a pea-green dress with tiny wings anyw-- Oh, I think she's in the Neopolis 10th Precinct; never mind.