BLART BLOOT WAH WAH BLARRRRR
(looks in confusion into horn of trumpet a la Gonzo)
So, now that I've done that, how about a pop quiz: what cute 'n' fuzzy phenomenon debuted on the World Wide Web six years ago and has delighted billions through witty and clever banter and comedy ever since that day in 2005?
No, it's not YouTube. Sheesh. I have never been issued a cease and desist injunction by the owners of major movie, TV, and music studios! (Yet.)
In other words, it's time to wish myself a Happy Sixth Blogiversary! (You can too, if you wanna!) On this day in 2005, all those years ago, this little puppet-town cow-blog opened for business, and I've been delighted to invite you by for a cup of hot cocoa (with minimarshmallows) and a good giggle at a comic book or some other pop culture phenomenon. As we close our fiscal year and finish up the tax paperwork to send to the IRS (Internet Re-Blogging Service), shall we take our usual year-end survey of my favorite posts of May 26, 2010- May 25, 2011? Yes, let's!
- The 5,000 Hats of Jack Kirby: The Hats of Odin
- The Beautiful Covers of Bill Sienkiewicz
- Evil Bully shows you how all Archie comics could be porn
- Harley Quinn in 1967!
- If I Wrote Aquaman
- Commissioner Gordon is a Jerk!
- Business Cards of the Superheroes
- The Many Graves of Jean Gray
- Breaking Down the Population of Gotham City
- Your Guide to Empire State University
- Dial "H" for Hydra
- The Fads of Archie Comics
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the Hulk
- 15 Things You Never Knew About James Bond
- Thor walks across America...
- ...and does some surgery in the heartland.
- A History of the Image Inducer
- Gwen Stacy versus cupcakes
- Mary Jane Watson: Master of the Obvious
- Encyclopedia Bull, Bovine Detective
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About the Marvel Universe
- And perhaps my favorite post of the year, and maybe one you haven't seen (because it was on another blog: Bully and Shelly watch Gone with the Wind!
As always, thanks to each and every one of you for reading, commenting, linking and laffing at my posts. A extra-special salute of the hoof to my good pals The Bureau Chiefs who let me advise on and help out with the comedy publishing sensation of 2011, Write More Good, now available at all fine bookstores near you! (And a few nasty ones.) Buy one! Buy several! Buy one for the dog!
With even more thanks to Hank McCoy, the Warriors Three, and the Guy Freaking Out on the Cover of Action Comics #1, I'd like to wrap up this self-congratualatory post with a Special Blogiversary
So, it's all over except for the eating of the ceremonial cupcakes. Enjoy yours, and be sure to come back next year when I'll maybe get a chance to feature this cover: