Thursday, July 13, 2023

Today in Comics History, July 13: Happy birthday, Cheech Marin!

Happy birthday today to Cheech Marin, comedian, actor (Up in Smoke, Nice Dreams, From Dusk Till Dawn, Tin Cup my favorite in-flight movie, more), voice artist (Oliver & Company, Ferngully: The Last Rainforest, The Lion King, Cars, etc.), writer (Cheech Is Not My Real Name...But Don't Call Me Chong!), and long-time partner to Tommy Chong in their famous cannabis-related comedy team Cheech & Chong! (deep inhale) Below at right!


from "Mad's Academy Awards Show" in MAD #231 (June 1982), script by Stan Hart, pencils and inks by Mort Drucker

Oh man. Just by posting this, I think I got a contact high.

(giggles)

1 comment:

Blam said...

That hover-text got me looking for secret nekkid people but all I can find is Julie Schwartz creeping at far panel left.