Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Today in Comics History, November 15: Happy birthday, Ed Asner!

Born on this day in 1929: actor and activist Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lou Grant, Roots, Up, Freakazoid!, Superman, and much more!)




from MAD #149 (March 1972), 155 (December 1972), and 205 (March 1970), scripts by Tom Koch and art by Angelo Torres on all

Ed has been an inspiration to many of us with his progressive views and forward thinking. Also, his choice of reading material is sublime. We miss ya lots, Ed!


from MAD (2018 series) #10 (DC, December 2019)

Please join me in wishing Ed Asner a very happy birthday!


from Simpsons Comics #103 (Bongo, February 2005), script by Ian Boothby, pencils by Phil Ortiz, inks by Mike DeCarlo, colors by Art Villanueva, letters by Karen Bates

1 comment:

Blam said...

2016. I’m watching Justice League Unlimited with my nieces and nephew. I say to my sister, “You will literally never guess who voices Granny Goodness.” (And then to myself, “You can’t put too much water in the nuclear reactor...”)