Friday, May 13, 2016

366 Days with J. Jonah Jameson, Day 134: We're thinking of you, Darwyn Cooke

I'm sure you probably already know that Darwyn Cooke is now receiving palliative care following a bout with aggressive cancer. Let's take a moment to keep him and his family and friends in our thoughts, and appreciate his fine artwork on the greatest character of them all.


Panels from Spider-Man's Tangled Web #11 (April 2002), script and pencils by Darwyn Cooke, inks by Jay Bone, colors by Matt Hollingsworth, letters by Comicraft

Not to mention the supporting cast and friends of the Daily Bugle and the Coffee Bean:







I have always enjoyed Mister Cooke's work, especially since he draws a nifty version of me:


And I gotta say there are lots of other reasons to admire his art:


Seriously, we're all thinking of you, Darwyn, and please know that you are much loved.


2 comments:

Blam said...

As much as I do love the figure work and the minimalism and the facial expressions, yeah, the deceptively simple, pure storytelling is just aces.

Dave said...

One of the two creators whose work I will buy sight unseen.