Monday, May 09, 2016

366 Days with J. Jonah Jameson, Day 130: Sometimes late at night / I can see the streets like no one else can / There’s a lot of things going on here / That even newspapers don’t understand

I'm pretty sure this is the first comic book I read that painted J. Jonah Jameson as a responsible, fierce journalist rather than a buffoon. I still like this scene a lot.


Panels from Daredevil (1964 series) #177 (December 1981), script and breakdowns by Frank Miller, finishes by Klaus Janson, colors by Glynis Wein, letters by Joe Rosen

"Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half." — Gore Vidal

5 comments:

joecab said...

Oh good, one of the two pages I've been waiting for! I love this depiction of JJJ.

(What's the other page I'm awaiting? That hilarious splash page. You know which one.)

Bully said...

I don't know which one, Joecab! Or maybe I have it in my folder to put up and I'm not thinking which one it is. Go ahead, gimme a hint and I'll make it happen!

joecab said...

You might very well have it in the wings; it's a 1982 issue of Amazing Spider-Man. What makes it funny is its goofy title, which JJJ is shouting on the splash page.

Bully said...

I know which one you mean now! I'd been avoiding that one for a silly little minor personal reason, but it's too good not to use! In other words, Wish granted! All hail Bully!

joecab said...

Aw, thanks Li'l Bully!