Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Today is a birthday / We're smoking cigars

Today is my birthday! I am six years old today. Which is a very good age to be.

Here is the place where I thank you all for the kind wishes you have all sent from from across the blogosphere! Mama Bull always taught me that if i thank someone in person, I don't have to write a thank you note to them. So, consider yourself all duly thanked. Yes, even you, guy in the back who just showed up to get some ice cream.

I truly wish you all could have been here for my sixth birthday celebration. (But I would have needed to buy more cake). It was a pretty fantastic affair as it was, tho'! First of all Björk got the entire crowd to sing Happy Birthday to me...in Icelandic!



Thank you, Miss Björk! Or, should I say...takk fyrir!

i had an ever-so-wonderful and fun time with my very closest friends, too! My sister Marshall (and her pet unicorn Sparkle) and my best pal Snuckles and even Shelly the Little Otter Puppet came to my birthday party. (Of course she did...there was free birthday cake!)

Everybody is singing a royalty-free birthday song to me


Then I had to make a wish and blow out the candles. I wished for world peace, an end to hunger, health for everyone, and a bitchin' sports car that looks like the Batmobile.
It's tough blowing out these candles that Johnny Storm got for me


Dig in, guys! It's full of rich chocolately goodness!
It's a feeding frenzy! Of cake.


I'm so gonna have another piece of this before I go to bed. And for breakfast tomorrow morning.
NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM


We didn't have enough tiny plastic tastin' spoons from Baskin-Robbins to go 'round, so my pals had to share. Shelly just ate it with her paws anyway.
Everyone shared very nicely


Then, gift-o-rama YAYYYYYYYYY! I highly suggest that when you are opening gifts, make sure you get the card out of the way first. You appear polite and well-mannered to look at it before rippin' into your gifts, and then you don't have to waste valuable gifting time on envelopes.
I got a card with animal riddles on it!


NOW IS THE TIME ON BIRTHDAY WHEN WE OPEN GIFTS
Gifts galore! YAYYYYY


Shelly got me...anchovies. Golly. Um. Gee. Thanks.
Gee, thanks, Shelly. For the...anchovies.


Coincidentally, Shelly really really likes anchovies. Sure, Shelly...you can keep it. Sigh.
Yes, you may keep those if you want, Shelly.


This one's from Marshall! (I sure hope it isn't sardines.)
This one's from my baby sister, Marshall!


Way cool! (Or should I say, spiffing?) It's a rubber stamp shaped like London's Big Ben! Thank you, Marshall!
Wow, it's a rubber stamp shaped like Big Ben!


It even has an instruction book, all in Japanese. Help me, Puffy AmiYumi!
It even came with instructions. In Japanese. Help me, Puffy AmiYumi!


By the way, my sister Marshall would like you to know that she has a unicorn now. Her name is Sparkle and she is the prettiest, most lovely unicorn in all the whole world, and fairies and pixies braid her mane and they have tea parties and...Marshall, I'm not going to read any more of this out loud.
My sister Marshall and her unicorn Sparkle. It's a girl thing.


OMG HOLY COW EXCLAMATION POINT IT'S THE BEST GIFT IN THE WORLD THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON CLOBBERING THE GIFT OF BEN GRIMM!!!!!!!!!
HOLY COW IT'S LIKE THE BEST GIFT EVER


I got a sketchbook to work on my drawing! And when I go to comic book creating seminars at Bergen Street Comics, I will be all ready to work on all my comics like Giant-Size Superbull Annual #1 and my miniseries of Bully: Totally Kickass Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.* and his Partner Jane Wiedlin. There will be no appearances of Dark Wolverine in my comics, I can tell you that much!

*Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage and Law-Enforcement Division
Here is a sketchbook so I can create comic books!


And a wonderful case of brand-new pencils to sketch with! Without otter teeth marks on them!
And a wonderful case of brand-new pencils. WITHOUT otter teeth marks on them!


Hey wow, it's the newest Marvel Adventures: The Avengers digest! Them's good readin'! Thank you, Snuckles!
It's the newest Marvel Adventures: The Avengers digest!


And a whole stack of new comics! All my favorites! And no Norman Osborn hoorayyyyyyy
And a whole stack of new comics! All my favorites!


And, I got the Doctor Who Season Four DVD set! It's Donna-riffic! I shall remember this birthday gift forever. (Unlike Donna.)
I got the Doctor Who Season Four DVD set! It's Donna-riffic!


Thank you everyone! (Even you, Shelly!)
Thank you, everyone! Even you, Shelly.


All in all it was the best sixth birthday ever! Isn't that so, Mister Grimm?

That's right, kid! But you know what time it is now, doncha?

Um, what time would that be, Mister Grimm?

It's second helpin's of cake-erin' time!
All in all it was the best sixth birthday ever!



So, while I and all my anipals enjoy second helpings of rich, dark chocolate cake, why don't you have a helping or ten of a very special birthday Ten of a Kind...it's my gift to you!





















(More Ten of a Kind here. And here's my Birthday Ten of a Kind from last year, and also the one from 2007!)

And then Keira Knightley came over and for my birthday present she and I went down in the London Underground and she sang to me! (swoons)



Oh maybe it was just cake-induced hallucinations. Whichever...it was the best birthday ever.


20 comments:

team spawns said...

Happy Birthday!

Dean said...

Gasp! Ben Grimm's no longer mint-in-box!

Seriously, though, Bully, Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Bully. =)

Anonymous said...

Me n' Horace the Little Stuffed Horse wish you a happy birthday! Horace says he will let you read his copy of Now We are Six if you like (I'm still trying to explain the concept of presents to him). Hope the Birthday Bird showed you a good time in your birthday pal-alace.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Bully! And many more!

googum said...

Six? Surely not! Congrats, and enjoy your day! And your Thing, as I bite my fist in envy...

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Bully, that cake looks fantastic!

Ed said...

Happy Birthday, Bully!

Cake for breakfast is the best!

moustachedotorg said...

Yes! Happy happy birthday! Do you feel older?

Dave Lartigue said...

Happy sixth birthday, Bully!

chrishaley said...

Happy birthday, Bully!

Servo said...

Happy Birthday, Bully!

Perhaps more cake will induce a Keira Knightly AND Jane Wiedlin hallucination?

The mind boggles...

SallyP said...

Awww...Happy Birthday Bully. You're getting to be a big boy!

Erin Palette said...

Happy Birthday, Bully!

*gives cuddles and jellybeans*

Peder said...

Happy Birthday, Bully!

Evan Waters said...

Happy belated Birthday, Bully!

Sleestak said...

Happy Birthday, Little big guy!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! Yay!

Phillip said...

Happy birthday, belatedly, Bully!

Phillip said...

The only asterisk-y thing that makes me smile (laugh, even) more than S.H.I.E.L.D.*, is Midgard*.




*Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage and Law-Enforcement Division




*Earth