Friday, September 05, 2008

Friday Night Not Fights, Ladies Night: H+I 4Ever

Okay! It's Friday and you know what that means, buckaroos: Friday Night Fights! I've been trainin' my fighters all week, setting them up with reps on the speed bag, drinking raw eggs and wrasslin' Wonder Dog, and now I'm ready to let loose, Hilary Swank style! Let's ring the bell and let the fights begin!

What's that? Friday Night Fights is postponed?

Well, poop.

Huh. So, if it's not Fight Night, then I guess I have to show some ladies not fighting, right? Some women being friendly and pleasant to each other instead of trading punches, huh? Hmmm, I think I know a couple what fits the bill poifectly:

Ivy loves Harley.

Harley & Ivy
All panels are from Harley and Ivy #1-3 (June-August 2004), scripted and co-plotted by Paul Dini, pencilled and co-plotted by Bruce Timm, inked by Shane Glines, colored by Lee Loughridge, lettered by Tom Orzechowski

And, Harley loves Ivy.

Harley & Ivy

Yes, even when our cheerful couple of criminal cuties have a falling-out, you just know there's a reconciliation on the horizon:

Harley & Ivy
Harley & Ivy
Harley & Ivy
Harley & Ivy
Harley & Ivy

Yup, that's our larcenous lassies! These gal pals never let the world get them down, and they're always gonna be the best of friends forever. And...

...and...

Sheesh, Friday Night Fights is boring when there's no fights. Um, Miss Ivy, could ya...

Harley & Ivy

Poifect. Thank you, goils!

Bahlactus has declared/Never turn the other cheek/And he said with might/Get ready to fight/I'll be back again next week!

2 comments:

Phillip said...

Those two "lucky lady has won herself a prize" panels may be the greatest thing ever.

Brian Smith said...

I'm a lot happier than I should be that the tag "Shameless Attempt to Boost My Blog Hits By Posting Harley and Ivy Comics" pulls up more than one entry.