Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pepper Potts, Fashion Critic

And now it's time for another visit with America's top fashion advice columnist,
Pepper Potts banner


Hello, all you fabulous Pepper-groupies! Labor Day is coming up so that means it's time to slide those crisp white clothes into your walk-in closet and step into an ensemble of brilliant and rich autumn shades. As you know, I'm quite a fan of all things red and gold, but if you've had your colors done at any one of the many Pepper Potts salons around the country, you'll know which shades suit you when you order your fall wardrobe from the Pepper Potts collection available online or at the top designer shops nationally!

Our letter today comes from a Mrs. Bambi Arbogast, who writes:
Dear Pepper, I work at a large global electronics and heavy-industrial complex. One of my co-workers, the boss's chauffeur, in fact...well, let's call him "Cheerful"...is a pleasant enough man, but his sense of style is atrocious! He dresses like a former boxer who looks like he shops at Robert Hall. Our boss is a debonair man of style and quite a playboy with the ladies who dresses in custom-made suits that cost several thousands of dollars. How can I politely and subtlely convince "Cheerful" to improve his own wardrobe so he looks more professional at work and at events with our boss?
It sounds like your "Cheerful" co-worker is quite a chump, Bambi, and there's simply no reason to moddlycoddle along someone who doesn't realize that you simply must dress for success. Let me give you an example. Recently one of my co-workers, a brash and boisterous brute, asked for my fashion advice:

Tales of Suspense #58 panel
All panels are from Tales of Suspense #58 (October 1964), script by Stan Lee, pencilling by Don Heck, inking by Dick Ayers, lettering by Sam Rosen


When my expert opinion is solicited on the subject I know better than anyone, I snap into action to command the attention of all!:

Tales of Suspense #58 panel


A fashionista is nothing without her tools, so make certain you have the proper equipment to examine and critique the clothing of those around you:

Tales of Suspense #58 panel


And level your fashion criticism with directness and a witty bon mot! Your subject will appreciate your candor and expertise and thank you for your helpful honestly!

Tales of Suspense #58 panel


Well, I hope that solves your problems, Bambi! "Cheerful" will be sure to thank you and make sure he knows where the credit is due: with Pepper Potts, Fashion Critic!

Toodle-ooh for now, Pepper fans! You'll excuse me...I'm off to a fabulous party in my beautiful new ensemble!:

Pepper Potts on the town



3 comments:

SallyP said...

And if that doesn't work, you sic Tim Gunn on him!

A.A. said...

That is hilarious! Love the usage of the comics.

Brian Doan said...

I...I have no words. Except to say that this is fantastic, and should totally become a recurring feature.