Friday, June 27, 2008

Bully's Sketchbook: Benjamin Birdie

The scene: April's New York Comic Con, where Kevin Church, Benjamin Birdie, my pal John and the delightful Randi, and moi, a little stuffed bull, were all gathered to eat Indian food and talk shop. At some point in the proceedings my sketchbook was thrust into Birdie's talented hands, and over a plate of vindaloo here's what he sketched with a ballpoint:

Bully, by Benjamin Birdie


Ben's the talented artist of The Rack, the comic strip about a comic store, and it's not the first time Mister B has drawn B the LSB: check out Lydia's t-shirt in this strip! I was as chuffed as cheese when I saw that, so I'm delighted to return the favor and wear my Miss Lydia shirt as shown above.

You also oughta check out Benjamin's brand-new blog, in which he discusses comics, television, artwork, Top Chef, and Grand Theft Auto IV. And hey, he's also reviewing comics for CBR; witness his right-thinking praise for Final Crisis here.

Me 'n' Ben Birdie: bestest pals!

Benjamin Birdie and me!



3 comments:

Phillip said...

You lucky bull! I want a Lydia t-shirt, too!

Kenneth182 said...

How about a real life Bully t-shirt? (not that comics aren't "real life".) I know I would sport one proudly.

Christian Zamora said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, this Bully does really get into places...

0.0