Sunday, May 13, 2007

Today in Comics History, Mother's Day: A Mother's Day Poem Upon Reading Avengers #186

This is an expanded and updated version of a post originally published May 14, 2006.

In honor of this Mother's Day
A little bull would like to say

Tho' I don't know my own real mother
I love her lots just like no other

And hope wherever she may be
She misses, cares for, and loves me

But if a mom I had to choose
Someone to sing with quiet moos

I think I'd pick take a second look
At a mom from a comic book

There's lots of moms in comics' world
Franklin's is the Invisible Girl

Sue and Franklin

Hippolyta made a clay daughter
Mera's kid was underwater

Mera and Aquababy

Tito Bohusk can't ignore
His mom is Angel Salvadore

Tito and Angel

Even Catwoman had a kid
One year later, guess what she did

Catwoman and Kittenl

And if you wonder where Clark went
He's in Kansas to see Ma Kent

Clark and Ma Kent

But as I've thought over and over
I think I'd have to go with Bova.

Bova!

She'd keep me comforted and fed
She'd tuck her little bull in bed

She's nurturing and oh so fonda
Kids (You can't blame her for Wanda)


Of love her heart would be so full
She'd surely hug this little bull

Hot soup and kisses on my nose
(A mom should be quite good at those).

Bova!

So Bova, come from Wundagore
There is no more Evolutionary War

Avengers Annual #17

But either way I'd like to say
To all moms: Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Awwww! That's so sweet! And what a clever littly Bully!

QATim said...

Bova!

Bill S. said...

How sweet!