Wednesday, December 21, 2005

London! London! London!

Hooray! We have arrived in London and are having a wonderful, Londerful time! I still have a little jetlag from sleeping in the overhead compartment of the airplane (which is not the best place from which to see the in-flight movie!), so we did not do anything too amazing today (but isn't just being in London amazing enough on its own? Yes! Yes, it is!)

Our hotel is very nice and crammed to the gills to Japanese beauty school students. They are very giggly (the girls) or too mod and cool to giggle (the boys). John and I took a walk via the famous "sneaky way" in back of the High Street Kensington tube station (I cannot wait to ride on the Underground!). We went to Boots and got mayonnaisey sandwiches and crisps and Lilt and Cadbury bars for lunch and then took a nap which I did not think I needed but boy howdy! Did I! I was very sleepy. Marshall said later that I was really sawing some logs! When we woke up it was time for dinner and we went to Pizza Express where I had a whole pizza all by myself! (You wouldn't guess it, but pizza tastes so much better in London!)

I have not had a chance to take any photos yet so I haven't really started my proper photoblogging, but I hope to take lots of photos tomorrow. We are going shopping in Covent Garden! I have brought all my pounds and pence for English Christmas gifts so I hope that everything is not sold out already. Do you hear that, people of London? Save some prezzies for me to buy!



In the meantime, enjoy this fine photo (above) of the last time I came to London. This photo contains 1) me and 2) pigeons in Trafalgar Square. I am not wearing my mackintosh only because of the pigeons...but it didn't hurt.

Blog at you tomorrow, London and Bully fans!


No comments: