Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Paper Doll Month, Day 30: They're the cross-dressing Stone Age family

Yes, what once started out as a cute and charming toy for little girls to cut out and play with, has eventually produced this: Gender-Swapped Flintstones Paper Dolls.


"Fred and Barney Paper Dolls" from The Flintstones and the Jetsons #4 (DC, November 1997), pencils by Glen Hanson (?)

Yep, it's from an issue where Fred and Barney wish that they could have the "easy life" Wilma and Betty do, staying home in the house day after day while they have to slave away in the rock quarry, so Harvey Korman The Great Gazoo makes it so!


Cover of The Flintstones and the Jetsons #4 (DC, November 1997); pencils, inks, and colors by Glen Hanson

But hey, what happened to Wilma and Betty, you ask?


DON'T ASK

In concluding this Paper Doll Month: I'm sorry that I wasn't able to bring you anything from Bunty, but I'm pleased that I was able to keep my promise of no Katy Keene.

A special Movin' On Up to the East Side Bull-Prize to my good pal "Marvelous" Mike Sterling for getting this altogether wacky comic into my sweaty little hooves!

2 comments:

joecab said...

Why are all four of them wearing lipstick?

(Oh, right. "don't ask.")

Giuseppe Balestra (MaximaFobia) said...

Oh my god! Just why??