Monday, March 03, 2014

At 13th Dimension: 13 of the Greatest Spirit Title Pages!

All this week on 13th Dimension, it's Will Eisner Week! My bestest pal John (he shares his pizza with me) has written about 13 of the greatest splash pages from The Spirit Section! Say, I wonder why John didn't include this one?:


Splash page from The Spirit Section (December 1, 1940), script; pencils, and inks by Will Eisner; colors by Joe Kubert

Whaddaya think she did to deserve that paddlin' from Denny Colt? I bet she broke a lamp and then fibbed that an otter had done it instead. That's the sort of thing that gets you spanked. Um, hypothetical example, of course.

Once again, that's Will Eisner Week at 13th Dimension! Put on your fedora and mask and make sure your logo is engraved into the architecture, and head on over there! Now that's the spirit!

2 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

For years I've been looking for a blog or site that did catalog or commentary on Will Eisner's Spirit Title pages! Be sure and thank John for me while I take an in depth look at his site.

Blam said...

Hey, Maggie! Maggie Thompson, over here! The Spirit has socks and they're red, plain as day, Maggie!