1. I bought seven comics this past week.
2. I’m going to review them all, swiftly.
3. But in a very specific special way.
4. Each comic’ll be reviewed in seven lines.
5. Each line will have exactly seven words.
6. I’ll probably miscount at some odd point.
7. It’s harder counting to seven on hooves.
1. JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED #25: This comic’s fun.
2. Blue Devil? Who doesn’t like him? Commies!
3. Doctor Fate’s in this story too. Cool!
4. But as usual, it falls into a cliché.
5. Somebody has to learn a life lesson.
6. Why’s that? Just because it’s for kids?
7. Still, more fun than Justice League #1.
1. DETECTIVE #823: This comic is sorta fun.
2. This one’s not as good as #822.
3. Isn’t Poison Ivy dead? Gotham Knights #65?
4. Really embarrassing cheesecake art is kinda creepy.
5. It looks a bit like tentacle rape.
6. (Not that I know what that is.)
7. Still, I like Batman better than pre-Crisis.
1. FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #12: This is fun.
2. Dueling Mysterios cause big trouble for Spidey.
3. Plus Flash actually acts heroic for once.
4. “You want acting, go get Tobey Maguire.”
5. ”I should’ve dressed up like a bat.”
6. (Silly, but best lines of the week!)
7. Creepy, spooky cliffhanger! I'll buy number thirteen!
1. AMERICAN SPLENDOR #1: This comic is fun.
2. John usually won’t let me read Vertigo.
3. He made an exception for Harvey Pekar.
4. It’s got both funny and sad slice-of-life stories.
5. Harvey’s cranky but he tells great tales.
6. Excellent black and white art throughout, too.
7. Hey, my copy’s signed by Dean Haspiel!
1. 52 WEEK 18: This comic is fun.
2. But I still have a few complaints.
3. Please stop writing Montoya as a caricature!
4. Why would an ex-cop be so self-destructive?
5. Surely she’s had to shoot people before.
6. But it’s nice seeing stories come together.
7. And Booster’s funeral? Sad. Guy didn’t come?
1. BATTLER BRITTON #3: This comic is fun.
2. Solid hearty war comics! A good thing.
3. Ennis proves he can write PG, too.
4. War is hell. Even up in planes.
5. This reminds me of Kubert war comics.
6. Solid art and action; I’m enjoying this.
7. Plus, I learned what “pranged” means: destroyed.
1. AGENTS OF ATLAS #2: This comic? Fun!
2. A comic with a talking gorilla? Yes!!
3. Good solid mystery, excellent recap of #1.
4. The most fun comic of the week.
5. But gosh, Venus! Put some clothes on.
6. If I could blush, I probably would.
7. (Black and white and red all over.)