Thursday, August 17, 2023

Today in Comics History, August 17: Happy birthday, Jonathan Franzen!

Born on this day: award-winning novelist and essayist Jonathan Franzen, author of The Corrections, Freedom, Crossroads, and more. He's also written essays published in The Best American Comics Criticism and The Complete Peanuts!


from The Complete Peanuts v.4: 1957-1958 (Fantagraphics, September 2005

So a very happy birthday to ya, Jonathan!


"Jonathan Franzen Says No" in Baking with Kafka (D+Q, October 2017), by Tom Gauld

3 comments:

d’Herblay said...

You got me excited that Jonathan Franzen had written a book about crossword puzzles.

Bully said...

Whoops; sorry about that, d’Herblay! I have made another one of my silly mistakes (corrected now). Thanks for your eagle eye!

I think I got him confused with Britney Spears and her movie Crossroads.

Blam said...

Franzen’s Scott McCloud cosplay is on point.