Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Today in Comics History, February 1, 2010: Less Jerry, Moorcock


from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest #4 (Top Shelf/Knockabout, December 2018), script by Alan Moore, pencils and inks by Kevin O'Neill, colors by Ben Dimagmaliw, letters by Todd Klein

Jerry Cornelius is the main character in a Michael Moorcock SF novel series:


Here's some pretty cool paperback covers from a recent reissue:


Putting in his two cents tuppence: Graham Morrison:


from The Invisibles (1997 series) #6 (DC/Vertigo, July 1997), script by Grant Morrison, pencils by Phil Jimenez, inks by Keith Aiken, colors by Rick Taylor, color spearations by Heroic Age, letters by Todd Klein

And, to bring it full circle, here's Alan Moore on Grant Morrison:
And, as far as I know, he's the only bone of contention between me and Michael Moorcock. Michael Moorcock is a sweet sweet man - I believe he has only ever written one letter of complain to a publisher over the appropriation of his work, that was to DC Comics over Grant Morrison, so the only bone of contention between me and Michael Moorcock is which of us Grant Morrison is ripping off the most. I say that it's Michael Moorcock, he says it's me. We've nearly come to blows over it, but I'm reluctant to let it go that far, because, I'm probably more nimble than Moorcock - I've got a few years on him, I'm probably faster, but Moorcock is huge, he's like a bear. He could just like take my arm off with one sweep of his paw, so we'll let that go undecided for the moment.

But, those are pretty much my thoughts on Grant Morrison, and hopefully now I've explained that I won't have to mention his name again.

No comments: