Monday, December 11, 2017

365 Days of Defiance, Day 345: God would like us to be joyful even when our hearts lie panting on the floor


Hey Bully! (you might be thinking just about now) How come you've posted so many panels from comic books that show defiance in the face of danger or despair, and you have never once shown us Rust Cohle from the 2014 season one finale of "True Detective" defiantly mouthing off "L’chaim, fatass?"

And that's a very good question. The main reason, of course, is that I took the oath of the official Union of Comics Bloggers (Mike Sterling, President since 1969) to never mention Matthew McConaughey on a comics blog, or especially to reference the so-called "McConaissance" of the 2010s. Since y'all have ruined that by asking a question about one of Mister McConaughey's starring roles, I guess I'm technically not in violation of that ruling, but just know that I have to appear at the end of the month before a jury of my peers to defend my reference. I hope you're happy with yourselves.

Anyway, it's common and canon knowledge that Rust Cohle is a fervent fan of Daredevil comics, because, sure, who isn't? And as I like to say around these here parts

COMICS DID IT FIRST!






Panels from Daredevil (1998 series) #46 (June 2003), script by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and inks by Alex Maleev, colors by Matt Hollingsworth, letters by Cory Petit

So there. I have run rings round you logically. And McConaughicly.

No comments: