Monday, October 16, 2017

365 Days of Defiance, Day 289: We Are Legion, Day Four: Little and Large

I'm continuing my survey of Legion of Super-Heroes #294, the epic conclusion of The Great Darkness Saga, with a look at the battles against this guy:


Panels from Legion of Super-Heroes (1980 series) #294 (December 1982), co-plot and script by Paul Levitz, co-plot and pencils by Keith Giffen, inks by Larry Mahlstedt, colors by Carl Gafford, letters by John Costanza

Today! Big guy Gim Allon (aka Colossal Boy) and my favorite Legionnaire, Shrinking Green Violet (Salu Digby) must battle the Darkseid minion, the evil clone of Lydea Mallor (you might remember her from the series L.E.G.I.O.N. even though it hadn't been published yet back then). Go big or go home, Gim! And hey Salu? Let's get small!




This is honestly the kind of teamwork and innovative fighting that I love in comics, and please don't think too long about how much earwax Vi would have all over her. Ewwwww.

No comments: