Thursday, December 01, 2022

Today in Comics History, December 1: Happy birthday, Sarah Silverman!

This is an expanded and updated version of a post originally published January 29, 2017.

Can you guess the surprise celebrity guest in this here Deadpool comic book?


cover of Deadpool (2013 series) #40 (Marvel, March 2015), art by Scott Kobish

Oh, wait, I told you already in the post title: It's Sarah Silverman's birthday!


from Deadpool (2013 series) #40 (Marvel, March 2015), script by Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn, pencils and inks by Scott Koblish, crayon colors by Val Staples, letters by Joe Sabino




Sarah Silverman! Oh, and also "comic book creators Jason Aaron and Jason Latour," who are technically celebrities, but let's face it, you're here for the Sarah Silverman, right? She (and the Jason League of America) are out protesting fracking gracking, "America's Favorite Energy Source™!"


Hey, in the Marvel Universe, Sarah Silverman has superpowers! That's not to say our universe's doesn't. If you're reading this and you have superpowers, Sarah Silverman, please use them for justice and right and not just a fart joke.


Oh, and in between these panels, Jason Jason gets ripped in two (just like Ares!) but I'm not showing you that because it's pretty violent (just like Ares!).


Well, all's well that end's well for Sarah Silverman!


Remember: please protest at the fracking site of your choice! Maybe you'll meet Sarah Silverman!

I'm serious about the protesting, by the way.

4 comments:

Blam said...

Scott Koblish clearly did not have proper reference material from which to draw me. My hair hasn't been that long in years.

Blam said...

I can only assume there used to be a “Blam” in this post.

Bully said...

Weirdly, I don't think I edited it aside from adding the birthday note!

Blam said...

Looking at it again I think I was referring to the last panel where the reader’s invited to write the balloon.