Tuesday, January 13, 2015

365 Days of Star Wars Comics, Day 13: OTTERS...IN...SPACE!

My pal Shelly the Little Otter Puppet brought to my attention that, in addition to Giant Green Star Wars Rabbit, the Star Wars Extended Universe (R.I.P.) also contains Giant Star Wars Otters! (They're actually called Selonians, but we won't let that stop us from describing them as Giant Star Wars Otters!)



Panels from (inhale) Star Wars X-Wing Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader (exhale) #3 (November 2005), script by Haden Blackman, pencils and inks by Tomas Giorello, colors by Michael Atiyeh, letters by Michael David Thomas

And just like my pal Shelly, they are cute 'n' fuzzy but they will shiv you through the gut just as soon as look at you. Especially if you make a move on their clams.

As far as I can tell, Giant Star Wars Otters only appeared one other time in the comics, in a background scene in Star Wars #23. But nobody really noticed there was a Selonian in that panel.


Panel from "Lucky" in Star Wars Tales #23 (March 2005), script by Rob Williams, pencils by Michel Lacombe, inks by Serge LaPointe and Andrew Pepoy, colors by Wil Glass, letters by Michael Heisler

Gee, I wonder why nobody paid any attention to that that space otter?

1 comment:

Blam said...

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm tired."
"Of course. Lay, Lady Leyli… Lay across your big brass bed."