Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Gone fishin'

I Love Lucy #7Hard work and no horseplay make Bully a very dull little stuffed animal indeed, so I'm off to the Great White Pacific Northwest to kick up my hooves in a woodland cabin for the next week an' a half, sans TV, sans phone, sans DVDs, sans internet, to get in touch with my inner beans and to just relax. That means I'm "off the grid" as the mountain men say, so have fun and play nice with the World Wide Web while I'm gone. (Don't split it in half!) I'll be back with the usual weekend features on Saturday, September 15. (For those of you who follow "A Wodehouse a Week" and are worried I'm gonna get off schedule, I'll plug #20 into 9/10, but only after I get home.) Please play nice, enjoy the cake, stay off the goofballs, and as always, be good to yourselves and others. See you on 9/15!


2 comments:

None said...

Please excuse my posting this as a comment
but I could not find your email address.
My name is Harry Mendryk and I post the Simon
and Kirby blog
(http://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/simonandkirby/).
The subject of my writing is much narrower
then the comic book history that I try to follow
in the blogosphere. There are an incredible number
of bloggers writing about comics but it is so
overwhelmingly about recent comics. I thought
that if I was having trouble keeping track of
the comic history posts, others may be having a
similar difficulty. It occurred to me to borrow
an idea that I have seen with other blogging
subjects, that is the carnival. So I thought
I would approach some of you and see if there
was enough support to make a go of this. I will
outline how I think this could work, but I am
open to alternate suggestions.

Perhaps a good name for this particular carnival
would be something like "Yellow Pages". I would
like to keep this to historical writings on comic
books, so I suggest we exclude posts on comics that
are still in print. "Yellow Pages" would be done
once a month with the host being rotated among
the participants. About a week before hand
people would announce on their blogs the up and
coming "Yellow Pages" issue, indicate who the
current host was, and invite people to submit.
People would submit to the host a link to one of
their own blog posts from the previous month.
Which post to use is totally up to the submitter.
I really think the post should be limited to the
previous month to keep it all pretty current. But
members need not submit every month if they do
not have anything appropriate. The host would then
collect all the submissions and on the issue date
post a blog entry supplying all the links preferably
with some appropriate comments so readers know
what to expect from each link. It would also be
nice if all members would also post in their blogs
an announcement of the current issue and a link
to the host blog entry.

I would like to host the first issue, provided that
there is enough interest in this idea. So are you
interested? If so please contact me at hmendryk at
yahoo dot com. (I may have to post this as comment
on a blog so I ask you to replace the 'at' and 'dot'
with the appropriate characters).

EM said...

Hope you're enjoying your trip, Bully. There's a couple of pics posted just for you at my blog.