Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hey big spender

Free Comic Book Day


Don't forget: today is Free Comic Book Day!! Click on the logo below to learn more...
Free Comic Book Day


...and stop by your local comic book shop to pick up all assortment of fun free stuff! But do me a favor, okay? Actually, make that three favors:

1. Take a kid with you, okay? Take a son or a daughter, a niece or a nephew, a friend or a bully (tee hee!) with you and get some of the great all-ages comics available for them as well. (Hey, take a flip through 'em to make certain they're age appropriate, willya?)
2. While you're in the store, don't just grab free stuff and run. Buy some stuff as well, cheapskate! Help support the store so they can be around for FCBD '08. Buy some stuff for the kid too.
3. Head off, and take the kid, to see Spider-Man 3: The Spider-Mannining. Buy some nachos and ice cream too.

Have a great day! And enjoy your free comic books!


6 comments:

Bill S. said...

What, am I made of money?

Phillip said...

1. I took my dad, does that count? He kept asking if they had any "underground" comics...
2. I bought him some comics. A Groo, a Mighty Mangor, Flaming Carrot & Reid Fleming, and a Doctor Who Magazine he just had to have. I got some too, at fire-sale prices! Literally. They had a fire, and I got approximately 200 comics (1 stuffed short-box full) for $15!
3. At 8:40, all shows were sold-out until 10:15, so we called it a day. A great day!

Erich said...

Bully can't has cheezburger...Bully IS cheezburger!

Bill D. said...

I brought the kiddo with me to the local Newbury Comics for FCBD. Of course, all he was interested in was finding a way out of his stroller, but still, I picked up the Owly, Little Archie, Mickey Mouse, Amelia Rules, and Marvel Adventures books for enjoyment with him at a point in the future when he can look at something in magazine form without ripping it up before we're actually finished reading. Which is why I've held onto all the kid-friendly FCBD books from the past few years as well. The boy will have quite a little collection already started for him if he's interested.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bully,
I went to Hanley's at 10 a.m.,
Midtown at 11 a.m.
and brought my nephews to Rocketship at 8:30 p.m.
Between all of them, I made sure I picked up as many kid-friendly books available before I got my stuff.
A big pile was acquired for them by the end of the night and they love it, so did their parents.
I also bought a lot of Marvel Essentials and DC Showcases that were on sale dirt cheap throughout the day at Midtown and Rocketship.

I think I did my part for FCBD, but I did it mostly for my future comic-book reading nephews.

Peace,
Gary Esposito

Adam Barnett said...

I'm not proud of noticing this.... but when I read the title of the book Bully is reading, it sounded like Unseen Penis. If I am the only one whose inner voice does things like that, I would like to apologize.