Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blogging about blogging about blogging is a sin (and makes me dizzy).

"Book 'Em, Spidey!" will continue tonight, if I don't get snowed into Manhattan and unable to get back to my cozy Brooklyn home this evening*. In the meantime...

Gwen 'n' DaveYou know how sometimes you get to stay up late to watch Letterman, an' you're all excited and happy and makin' popcorn and pouring a big icy glass of Grape Funny Face, and settling down in to watch Dave and his fabulous guests? Oh, who will Dave interview tonight? Will it be a fantastic Hollywood movie star, like ever-debonair Mister Michael Caine? Television superhunk Kiefer Sutherland with a clip of some hilarious bloopers from the smash hit 24? Maybe pop sensation Gwen Stefani will be on and bring along her fabulous gams! Oh, I can hardly, hardly wait!

And then the music starts and the opening credits start rolling, and you scramble to the edge of your seat, nibbling your hooves in excitement, and Late Show announcer Alan Kalter proclaims: "With Dave's special guest...Charles Grodin!"

Charles Grodin


Yeah, it's gonna be like that, 'coz if you tune over to the ever-entertaining Blog@Newsarama, you can read an interview Shane Bailey conducted with little stuffed yours truly about comics, blogging, the big guy who follows me everywhere, and words of advice for any other stuffed animals planning on leaping paws first into the blogosphere. Shane asked me some questions and then whipped my chicken-scratch scrawling replies into something that actually might be interesting and entertaining, thus proving the lesson that Marvel doesn't seem to learn: use an editor!

Anyway, I wanna thank Shane ("Thanks, Shane!") for giving me an opportunity to dance on Newsrama's interview desk a la Madonna for a while, and welcome to all you who might be discovering my blog for the very first time because of it. And remember: if you string together the first letter of every third word of my interview answers, you'll learn the startling secret ending to 52! Read it today, true bull-lievers!


* Or if Blogger locks up on me again because it chose today to force me at ethernet-metaphorical gunpoint to upgrade to Blogger 2.0 when I logged in this morning. Rassin'-frassin'... (Thank you Laura for the expert help and moral support!)


9 comments:

Hate Filled Poster said...

You're welcome! Thanks for aggreeing to the interview and answering all my questions so well! I enjoyed reading them as they came in.

Greg said...

Charles Grodin is possibly one of the funniest ten or fifteen people on the planet, so I'd skip your interview, man! What does a stuffed animal know about comics, anyways????

DYKC?™ said...

Bully! Congrats on the Blog@ interview! It was enjoyable and definitely on point. I think all stuffed animals could take a queue from your hustle. Be easy!

Anonymous said...

OMG! The secret is LAAYDRAITB etc.!

Sleestak said...

Nice interview, thanks for the shout out.

Dorian said...

I'm huggable?

Bully said...

Absolutely!

Derek said...

I'm with Greg!

Charles Grodin's great. I'm skipping your interview out of solidarity for my sullen brothers.

Frown power!

SallyP said...

What a great article! A little stuffed bull who likes Buster Keaton, P.G. Wodehouse AND Comics! No wonder I never miss your column.