Sunday, December 13, 2015

I'm always touched by your presence, Andrew

Andrew Weiss, everybody! Let's give him a great big hand!


And that's the subtle, nuanced humor you've all been missing while I've been gone.

Seriously...thank you, Andrew. When I was slamming my fuzzy little head against my desk when my computer died, he immediately volunteered to guest-blog while I carefully applied a claw hammer to my iMac, he thoughtfully volunteered to fill in and provided a sense of absolute fun that I try to celebrate in these here virtual pages. If'n you missed 'em, please go back and check out his posts. And while your'e add it, you really oughta be adding Andrew's Armagideon Time to your regular reading. I say this without hyperbole: he's truly on of the sharpest and most entertaining bloggers on comics, music, pop culture, and twentieth-century folly available on the Inter-majig-net. He makes me think, laugh, and ooh and ahh in awe. Also: if you're not careful, you may just learn something. (I'm takin' that phrase back.)

Thank you also to the many, many people who chimed in with message of support, tech help, offers to lend me a computer or even chip in to get me a replacement. Thank you all; you honestly don't know how much this meant to me at a very distressing time. And remember: back up all your files. Even though I had backed up my files daily, I was still distraught at the prospect of losing stuff (like the rest of the year's Star Wars comics panels) that I had sitting on my desktop without being backed up.

Luckily and thankfully, a new computer arrived at Casa Bully this week, and while I curse Macintosh OS Mavericks for doing away with "Labels," I was relieved and pleased at how quickly I was able to transfer everything from old to new.

Which is as good a time as any to thank you, the viewer reader, for your attention and patience this past week and indeed all throughout 2015. I've seen my lifestyle change to the point I'm not able to keep up with the blog every single day. You may have noticed that I often update with a blast of several posts at once in a following week — in fact some time tonight after I post this return post you'll see a barrage of Star Wars and Today in Comics History posts, so don't forget to go back and check 'em out! Altho' I'm not finding as much free time as I did circa 2010 or so (The Little Stuffed Social Diary has been very filled in recently!), you can still count on fun through 2016, including a brand-new series of 365 Days of... and...well, some other keen stuff I'll try to get to! Thanks for stickin' with Comics Oughta Be Fun!

And...well, this one's for you, Andrew. (wipes little black button eyes with handkerchief)



5 comments:

SallyP said...

Glad you're up and running again, Bully. Computers are supposed to work, dammit!

-- MrJM said...

That Andrew -- he's a good kid.

-- MrJM

Jonathan Hendry said...

Are "Tags" a suitable replacement for Labels?

Blam said...

I know there's a theme to those covers but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Welcome back, Little Stuffed Pal!

Bully said...

Jonathan Hendry said: Are "Tags" a suitable replacement for Labels?

Not really, Jonathan — they've eliminated the highlighting of the entire file name in favor of one dot to the right of the file name. Makes it much harder to visually spot my sorting system labels. Also: I can't see how to sort files by label within a folder, and erasing a tag from a file seems to be one extra step.

i may just not have learned properly yet on those last two, but the dot instead of the whole file name being colored is a big annoyance for me (and lots of people on Apple's support site).

I appreciate the suggestion though, of course!