Monday, July 15, 2013

365 Days of DC House Ads, Day 196: Neal Adams draws everyone in the DC Universe and our hearts explode in joy


House ad for DC 100-Page Super Spectacular #6 (1971); printed in Detective Comics #471 (September 1971)
Ad designed and lettered by Gaspar Saladino

Here, take a better look at this book's beautiful wrap-around cover!

Cover of DC 100-Page Super Spectacular #6 [The World's Greatest Super-Heroes!] (1971); pencils and inks by Neal Adams

(Click picture to Earth-2-size)


Can you name all the heroes above and their various origin Earths? Why, you don't have to...DC did it for ya!:


5 comments:

-- MrJM said...

That book has some weird stories in it.

Bully said...

I am really sorry I missed buying the 2004 reprint of it. What was I thinking?

Blam said...

Even as a kid, I knew that the Earth-Two Robin's costume was one of the craziest things I'd ever see.

-- MrJM said...

I got a beat-up copy on eBay -- taped cover AND water damage! and it's been a delight.

-- MrJM

Dave said...

When I was a kid, I bought a second copy and framed that cover. Still have it somewhere.