Wednesday, July 25, 2007

San Diego Comic-Con Day 0: Breakfast Makes Bully Feel Better

A quick post as I'm on my way in a few mins. to the fabulous San Diego Convention Center to help John and Miss Jenn set up the Norton booth and stack out lovely books for your perusal (check us out at booth #1714, won'tcha?), but just wanted to share with you the sure way to get yourself up, ready, and energized for a busy busy day ahead: breakfast at the Old Town Mexican Café in San Diego. Here I am, about to munch down on a hearty plate of chorizo y huevos! Yummy, and Mexicany!:


Here's a handy Bully tip which won't cost ya anything: step into a taxicab and head on over there for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Well, the breakfast will cost you something but it's very affordable. It's the tip that's free, although I couldn't say no if you brought me back some yummy corn tortilla! You may have to cool your heels a wee bit for a table, 'specially on the weekends, but it's worth the wait! I'd even recommend ditching the convention center in the middle of the day and headin' on over for a late lunch. Your tummy will be glad you did!
Where the elite meet to eat spicy spicy meat


It's at 2489 San Diego Avenue, but if you can't remember that, just step in a cab and tell them to take you to the main drag in Old Town, and then you can find it easily or ask for directions. It's just down the street from the Chuck Jones art print store, so pick up a print of Bugs or Daffy while you're there, or enjoy any of the other many great bars, restaurants, and gift and art shops in Old Town!

Jane WiedlinAnd oh yeah! I even think I saw Jane Wiedlin there! At least I'm pretty sure that was her. She was sitting in the back hunched over a big-ass plate of huevos rancheros, a fork in each hand and going at it like a Mixmaster! Even Jane's burps are cute, I'm telling you. As I'm a very very big little stuffed fan of the cutest Go-Go with the best solo albums (really, Jane! I even bought Kissproof World! And the Frosted album!), ever since I found out the Wild Miss W. was co-hosting this year's Eisner Awards ceremony, I'm become obsessed with getting to meet (and maybe get a "Blue Kiss" from) my favorite Go-Go and Star Trek supporting character! P'raps I will hand her a copy of my Ensign Wiedlin fan fiction story! (It's the one where she works at Starfleet by day and fronts a girl group rock band at night.) Anyway, I'll be on the lookout for Jane all weekend, and like Waldo, I'm sure I'll be seeing her pop up everywhere I look, so I hereby declare WiedlinWatch '07 open. See you, and Jane, at the show!


6 comments:

Luke said...

Oh, Jane... such a crush I had.
...and speaking of Blue Kiss...

Anonymous said...

Bully, you have good taste -- in food and in Go-Gos!

Good luck with the WiedlinWatch '07. Please keep us updated!

Kevin Church said...

Bully, make sure you read The Rack, OK? OK.

Kevin Church said...

(I mean tomorrow. And Friday. Not today. OK, read Today's anyway.)

QATim said...

Bully has his own SDCC nametag? Sweet.

Sleestak said...

I hope you get that chance for a pic of Jane and you.