- All-New X-Men #1: Hooray! At last, some all-new X-Men! Brand-new and never before seen! Exciting new characters who...wait a minute, it's the original five again? I shall be contacting the Better Business Bureau about truth in advertising, my good sir!
- The First X-Men #5: whoo-hoo! At last, a miniseries spotlighting the original X-Men! By golly, ya gotta love Teen Cyclops and Marvel Girl and Angel and what the Sam Scratch is this?!?!. Wehy, it's a Neal Adams miniseries that's nowhere near as looney as Batman: Odyssey, about the team of X-Men before X-Men. Whoo! Now that John Byrne's Marvel: The Lost Generation has become so amazingly popular, it was only a matter of time before the X-Men version came along!
- Gambit #5: Very canny of Marvel to put this comic out during the same week the new James Bond movie debuted, as Gambit's startling new originhe's British!&151;is apparently revealed in this issue.
- Wolverine and the X-Men #20: Remember that TV show The White Shadow, in which a former pro basketball player (Ken Howard) coached a school team in the inner city? It's like that, except with Wolverine.
- X-Men Legacy #1: Because you demanded it: Volume Two of X-Men Legacy! For every one of those fans out there who was demanding a series about an X-Men team led by David Haller. I'm betting this book could sell several thousand copies a month, if each of Legion's personalities buys one.
- X-Treme X-Men #6: X-X writer Greg Pak promised us a couple days ago that another Earth-616 mutant would appear in this week's issue! I can only hope it's Maggott.
Hey, didn't I mention Gambit #4 and X-Treme X-Men #5 in my last post about how many X-Men comics were released only a few weeks ago? Is Marvel releasing these titles several times a month in an attempt to crowd other titles off the new release rack? Naw, if that were true they'd be releasing multiple X-Men titles every wee...uh oh. Well, at least Marvel only released two Avengers titles this week, and you can always say that they're not DC, who released both Batman #14 and Batman and Robin #14 this week. (Weren't the four Batman titles supposed to rotate weekly?) Next thing you know, they'll be releasing Uncanny X-Men and New X-Men and Astonishing X-Men and...whoops. See, that's what I miss when I don't give you, every week, a feature called How Many X-Men Comics Were Released This Week?