Wednesday, June 20, 2012

He shot a man on Tatooine just to watch him die

When I first spotted this comic book...


Cover of Star Wars: Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison #2 (June 2012), painted art by Dave Wilkins




...something about it reminded me of this comic book:


Cover of Hello, I'm Johnny Cash one-shot (1976), pencils and inks by Al Hartley




Which naturally leads me to making this mash-up:





In fact, that jolly little phrase pretty much brightens up every panel of this Spire Christian comic about Johnny Cash's fall from grace and return to religion:

Panels from Hello, I'm Johnny Cash one-shot (1976), script by Billy Zeoli; pencils, inks and letters by Al Hartley




It definitely livens up my favorite page from Hello, I'm Johnny Cash:





Who shouldn't mess with the Man in Black? You shouldn't mess with the Man in Black. Check out what happened to Stalin:





Also, he met Daredevil that one time.


Cover of Daredevil #284 (September 1990), pencils by Lee Weeks, inks by Al Williamson



1 comment:

Dave said...

And then ... Korea!