Monday, July 23, 2007

Seven of a Kind: Hayley's Comet

In honor of one of my favorite blogs—the incomparable Lady, That's My Skull, hitting its second anniversary today, and to salute its erstwhile and cold-blooded webmaster/blogger/repitilian-insect hybrid, the illustrious Sleestak, here's a very special Ten Seven of a Kind spotlighting the patron goddess of Lady, That's My Skull...Miss Hayley Mills!















And...that's it. I could only find seven comic books (one a reprint) featuring the smiling face of the delightful Miss Mills on the cover. She doesn't appear on the cover of the Saved by the Bell comic, nor does there sadly ever appear to have been a Dell Comics adaptation of her movie The Family Way.

So, instead, in celebration of the man reptilisoid who's the Hayliest, here's three more images of Miss Mills:



Paint-by-numbers Hayley! Don't forget to stay inside the lines!



"Oh no, little Hayley has gotten into her sister Juliet's makeup case again!"



Miss Mills's hair by Mister Poppin-Fresh of Hollywood, California.


And, oh, what the hey: two of my favorite panels from that Summer Magic comic book adaptation, only half of which is reprinted in an issue of Walt Disney's Comic Digest that I own, so I have never known how the story started:





Hayley is sick and tired of you, Julia Carey!



Hayley loves literature! 'Specially poetry!


But Hayley loves Lady, That's My Skull even more. And so do I.

Happy Blogiversary, Sleestak!




3 comments:

SallyP said...

Haley Mills? Arrrrgghhhh! Boy I hated the Moonspinners movie...because the book was sensational, and the movie had NOTHING to do with the book, beyond the title!!! Gah!

*puff puff*

But beyond that, she's ok.

Sleestak said...

Thanks, Bully!

Very nice and much longer than my blogversary was going to be.

I, too, am very disappointed in the scarcity of Hayley Mills comic books.

Sleestak said...

Oh, and I hate that magazine cover with the early hand-painted coloring techniques.