Monday, December 25, 2006

The greatest moment of Doctor Who, ever

I'm not going to spoil the plot for any of my readers in America who won't see today's special Christmas episode for a while. But consider the fact that you will get to see this scene...

The TARDIS barrelling down the M4 chasing a taxicab.



Brilliant. Beats Morecambe and Wise, any day.

EDIT, 7:31 PM: The second greatest moment of Doctor Who: The Doctor on a Segway.

Seriously, folks, I haven't seen them all yet, but it's the funniest, most frantic, the most energetic and in many ways, the most touching of the twenty-first century Doctor Whos I've yet seen. (Tho' I've not seen the Sarah Jane episode yet.)

EDIT, 7:59 PM: And at the end, a preview of the new season (William Shakespeare! Daleks!) and of the Sarah Jane Smith series starting January 1st. It's a good time to be a Doctor fan.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bully, you need to see School Reunion forthwith. It is a very good time indeed to be a fan of the Doctor.

Anonymous said...

"Girl in the Fieplace"!

Anonymous said...

Stupid question, I suppose... but you are aware of:

Waterloo Sunset (Kinks)...

...and...

Srtreets of London (Ralph McTell)

Especially that last one?

Bully said...

Yes, I have both of them on my playlists! I was listening to "Waterloo Sunset" yesterday as I was walking near Waterloo Bridge. I've got "Streets of London" in several versions on my iPod, including the Sinead O'Connor, John WIlliams (guitarist, not the composer), and Roger Whittaker versions. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

But you do have the Ralph Mctell version?

Otherwise you are no Londoner!

Bully said...

I thought I did, Paul, but turns out I don't. I'll pick it up when I get home; I listened to a snippet on iTunes and I like it very much. I do have his "Kew Gardens."

Do I get Londoner credit for having thirty-one different versions of "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square," including the Max Geldray version and the Bill Oddie version?