Thursday, May 18, 2006

BEA, Day 0: I loaded sixteen tons and what did I get?

...I got our BEA booth ready to go, you bet!

Lots of boxes to be lugged around, crates to be unpacked, displays to be displayed and the whole big grey grand lady of the Norton book to be assembled today as we prepared for the start of BookExpo America 2006 tomorrow morning. Don't be jealous, Dorian—there is a lot of physical labor we had to do to get ready. Even tho' some nice union guys did a lot of the heavy lifting, I was still tired and sore by the time it was assembled:

Wow! There are a lotta cartons to be unpacked. I better get my heavy lifting gloves on:


Unpack these next! I think there are important books in here:


What's in these crates? I sure hope it's not vampires. Let me get my hammer and wooden stake, just in case.


There! I have hung up all the posters. Hello, Meatball guys!:

Whew! That's a lotta copies of The Meaning of Night. C'mon by the Norton booth and ask me nicely for one!


Finally the booth was finished and I am very sore and aching from helping move boxes around. Tonight: A nice hot bath and some Vicks Vap-O-Rub. It tingles: that's how you know it's workin'!

Tomorrow: the view from the BEA floor!

Other BEA entries: Day 1Day 2Day 3


No comments: