Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A busy, hectic, tiring week...Batman to the rescue!

I am a tired little stuffed bull.

I have been helping John with sales conference all week long! I've been staying away from Brooklyn in Manhattan and I'm kinda homesick. It's raining and blowing today, and I'm very tired. I didn't even get a chance to review last week's comics or pick up this week's comics yet!

What's the only thing that can make me feel all warm and happy inside? Why, yes, it's another 1950s Batman cover!

Trust me. They're good for what ails ya.



See what I mean? Isn't that a comic you would want to read? Isn't it fun? Doesn't looking at a cover like that cheer you up and make you happy to be alive? I know it does me.

Now, let's do a little test. Does this cover cheer you up and make you happy? Does this look like a fun comic to read?



No. No, it does not. Game, set, match: 1950s Batman.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totaly agree!!!

Anonymous said...

RE THAT 50s BATMAN COVER - ONE DAY I'LL FIND OUT WHO 'SCOTT' WAS - AND WHY SUCH A HUGE NUMBER OF 50s COVER WORD BALLOONS BEGIN WITH THE WORDS "GREAT SCOTT" - IF YOU LOOK AT DETECTIVE AND BATMAN COVERS YOU WILL FIND THAT SOMETIMES 4 OR 5 CONSECUTIVE COVERS HAD "GREAT SCOTT - A WEIRD CREATURE!" OR WORDS TO THAT EFFECT. LOOK AT WORLD'S FINEST 105 - 118!!!
WORSE STILL - THOSE COVERS OFTEN HAD ROBIN IN EXACTLY THE SAME CORNER POSE WHILST UTTERING ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME WORDS - WAS THIS SIMPLY AN OVERSIGHT, TERRIBLY UNIMAGINITIVE WORK...OR WAS SOMEONE TRYING TO TRICK PURCHASERS INTO NOT BUYING A NEW ISSUE BECAUSE THEY CONFUSED IT FOR AN EARLIER ONE?

PLEASE INVESTIGATE AND GET BACK TO ME BULLY.

(PAUL SAETHER)