Thursday, July 18, 2013

365 Days of DC House Ads, Day 199: Dear Diary, I think Lana really likes me...


House ad for Superman: The Secret Years #1 (February 1985); printed in World's Finest Comics #312 (February 1985)
Ad art: pencils by Curt Swan (?), inks by Kurt Schaffenberger (?)

It's probably best known for a quartet of very stylized Frank Miller covers that made me think "And yet they redrew Kirby and Toth's Superman faces???".


Covers of Superman: The Secret Years #1-4 (February-June 1985), pencils and inks by Frank Miller

3 comments:

Myron said...

Lucy: I got a popcorn ball!

Shermy: I got a chocolate bar!

Patty: I got some gum!


Superman: I got a roc.

Jeff said...

Was this ever published? I have never heard of it or seen it.

BillyWitchDoctor said...

@Jeff. Oh, yes. I remember the "Supes kills everyone on the train rather than pull the kid off the tracks" cover, though I never bought an issue.