Saturday, December 01, 2012

Bully's Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar Countdown 2012: Day 1


Starting today! An event I've been waiting for since a long time ago, in a galaxy far away: I get to start opening my Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar! (slight pause for a Kermit-style YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!)

Here I am getting ready to open it! This is the last time you'll see this box in mint condition, folks! I am not interested in selling it in later years on eBay...I want to play with my Lego toys now! (Like all right-thinking folks!)


You may have noticed that my Lego Star Wars calendar is labelled "2011!" That's because it is last year's model (not to be confused with the Elvis Costello LP). I don't mind because even tho' it was last years calendar it was on sale! Yes, I am a very thrifty bull who saves his dimes for special Christmas treats.


The front of the box folds out into an elaborate tableau (thank you, Word of the Day™ Calendar for 2011!) on which to place your finished Lego toys. I can't wait to lay them all out! Elaborate arrangements, here I come!


Let's see what's behind Door Number 1, and whether we want to trade it for what is behind door number three. Oh wait, for a moment there I was thinking of Monty Hall's Let's Make a Deal. I got overexcited and I have made another one of my silly mistakes.


OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY I'M SO EXCITED


It's a small package of Lego pieces! Thank you Lego Star Wars Calendar! Oh, wait, I'm supposed to put them together. Even better!


Golly! There's a lot of itty-bitty teen-weent red and grey and white pikini...I mean pieces.


Luckily there are pictorial instructions on the insides of each door. I believe this one is showing me how to make a barbecue rotisserie!


Well, what do ya know...it's the first thing we ever saw in Star Wars...the Rebel Blockade Runner Tantive IV! You know, I always wondered what happened to Tantives I-III. I bet they got eaten by giant space worms. No, it isn't! It's a Republic Cruiser. Thanks, commenter Kid Kyoto!


Much like constructing your average Ikea flat-pack furniture kit, there are several pieces left over. Ah well! Perhaps these are the bonus pieces that will later combine to form a fully-functional life-size R2-D2! Oh maybe not.


So there you go, Star Wars fans! As we count down the days until the galaxy's most beloved holiday, Life Day, let's keep this in mind: a day without Bea Arthur is like a day without sunshine! oooh, I can hardly wait to construct Jefferson Starship out of Lego! See you tomorrow!



4 comments:

Kid Kyoto said...

Point of information, that is in fact a Republic Cruiser as seen in the first 5 minutes of Phantom Menace. The Rebel Blockade Runner has a distinctive hammerhead shape and oh my god I can't believe I'm doing this...

Bully said...

Thanks for the correction, Kid K! I made another one of my silly Star Wars mistakes! I will be turning in my lightsaber post-haste!

Unknown said...

I can see where one of those spare pieces goes! The diagram shows it! Better get your reading glasses back on Bully!

Bully said...

Oh! Now I see it! Thanks, Adam! (It's a bit difficult with hooves.)