Tomorrow night at 9PM I'll be presenting the three-hundredth edition of "Ten of a Kind," and to get you excited and geared up for this dubiously important event, over the next 24 hours you can take the "300 Challenge!" Here's how it works:
You'll be shown a portion of a comic book cover that is #300 in the seriesa 300th issue. Guess which comic book it is...write 'em in the comments (don't look at the others); then click on the image to blow it up to full-size to see the answer! It's as simple and fun as that! (I'm assuming you have low standards of fun.)
Here's how to score:
- You get 2 points for every correct answer.
- I'm not going to be strict about very close answers. For example, if the answer is "Action Comics" and you say just "Action," that's A-OK for the full two points.
- No fair Googling or checking the Grand Comic Book Database before you guess!
- Even if you miss, I'll give you 1 point if you come close. The details will be seen on the answer panel. There are some with bonus or penalty points, however, so guess as closely as you can!
- Extra-special bonus: There is one fake cover for a comic book that doesn't exist, in among all the correct ones. DO NOT mention this in the comments, but mark down which one you think is the fake cover. At the end of the 300 Challenge I'll reveal which one it is to give you bonus points!
- Almost all of the covers are American comics; there's a few British ones in here too. At the end, if you can think of any American 300s I missed, let me know!
- The 300 Challenge will run through the next 24 hours, but you don't have to stay up all night. You can catch up tomorrow morning or afternoon!
- Finally, each and every one of these is actually issue #300. There's no "fake" 300s in here...for (fictitious) example: Ultimate Bully the Little Stuffed Bull Comics ran #1-212, then rebooted back to #1 for volume 2 for one hundred more issues (#1-100), then rebooted back to the original numbering with #313 onwards. That doesn't count...there's really no issue 300 in that series! Get it? Got it? Good!
- (Lemme know in the comments if you have any questions about the Challenge or scoring and I'll try to make it clear!)