Sunday, September 12, 2010

Frankly My Dear (in which me 'n' Shelly review Gone with the Wind)

This ain't the only blog I hang out at, no no no! (No.) I've also been doin' some film review posts for my pal DB over at his blog Unseen Films, reviews and spotlights of movies you may not have seen or even heard of!

But you have heard of the 1939 classic Gone with the Wind, because it's part of Unseen Films' "On Further Review" Week: movies that have gotten so much critical acclaim they've kinda become sacred elephants! So me and my otter pal Shelly skewer GWTW...elephant-kebab style!

You can click on the image below to take you to the first part of our two-post GWTW post:

GWTW


I've also written reviews of Send for Paul Temple and Calling Paul Temple (two British mystery films based on the popular radio detective) and of Spice World and the '07 remake of St. Trinian's. But you should really check out the full blog to get your movie mojo running: if you think you see a lotta movies, you don't know DB!


3 comments:

Phillip said...

!!??They made Paul Temple movies??!!

OMG!! I loved that show, they played it on the radio in LA when I was a kid. "Where's Charlie fishing?" HA!

EAG46 said...

Bravo on your and Shelley's review of GWTW. I've long thought that movie was overrated, overlong and long overdue for a skewering.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

Funny to see a review of Spice World up there. Kudos for giving it a fair shake. I think there's actually a lot to like about the film. It was cool for the world to hate on it, but it wasn't as bad as all that.