Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Pandering to the masses

This new trend of big-money, bestselling books about dogs, cats, wolves, llamas, sharks and their owners, their lives and adventures, intrigues me. Namely: how can I get myself some of that sweet, sweet, Marley the Dog book money?

After a careful examination of the biggest books out there about wacky, slapstick animals and their clueless owners trying to put up with all their shenanigans (with hilarious results)...



I came to the conclusion that there's a formula to all of this:

Cuddly animal with cute name + good-natured anti-social behavior + scatological humor + heartwarming adventure = rollin' in the book deal dough!

That's why I've come up with

Mikey the Kitten


See you on the New York Times bestseller lists, chumps!


2 comments:

Ryan Roe said...

Genius! I'll take 80 million copies.

Peder said...

Bully, I'm working my way through your archives and laughing my butt off. (I'm also trying to keep blue things away from my kitties. Just in case.)