Thursday, September 20, 2007

What I Did on My (Late) Summer Vacation

I didn't go to London this year for vacation. (Next year I hope to again!) But instead I had a lovely and peaceful time in...




...Granite Falls, Washington
! About an hour's drive northwest of Seattle, nestled in the shadow of Mount Pilchuck, foresty and peaceful!



I rented a small cabin out in the quiet and placid woods. Just my size!



Babbling Canyon Creek ran just behind the cabin, right off the porch.



There were lots of fun and relaxing things to do. I played in the yard...



...and contemplated the river...



I brought a lot of books to read (and read almost all of them!) I also brought and read Essential Marvel-Two-In-One Volume 2, so expect a lot of Ben Grimm posts soon!



Every day was beautiful, so I liked walking through the woods on the long quiet road.



I walked all the way to the end of the road!



There's a lovely little one-lane bridge over the Creek that leads back into town.



Busy bustling downtown Granite Falls is the place to be!



You can buy everything you need here.



Everything. I will buy Mister Groth a present while I'm here!



But even though I didn't get to go to London on this holiday, I still kinda traveled there by doing a new jigsaw puzzle of the London A-Z map!


Hmmm, I don't think there are really 500 pieces here. I'd better count them. 1...2...3...4...5...
Hmmm, funny, it looked different on the box.



This is my least favorite part...turning over all the pieces.



I'm quite methodical when it comes to jigsaw puzzles. Working from the outside in is always a good start!



I know London so well I hardly have to look at the box!



As the sun comes up early in the morning I'm almost finished.



You know you're in the home stretch when you only have seven more pieces.



Oh no! I can't find the final piece!



Hooray! Another jig successfully sawed. And hey look, I'm seeing London even on my Washington State vacation!



I love London to pieces. But Granite Falls was pretty cool too! Thanks for coming along with me on my summer holiday!



3 comments:

Tegan said...

Eric interviewed in Granite Falls. We would have moved up there if he'd gotten a contract. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Rural northwest Washington in the summer is such a wonderful place. You lucky bull.

Novice said...

That looks beautiful, Bully. I share your love of London, but I don't think I know it so well that I could put the puzzle together without looking at the box.