Friday, July 20, 2007

What's that noise? Is it Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

What's that noise outside? I heard children laughing and shouting outside so I had to get out of bed, where I was just getting ready to go to sleep. I had to peer out of the blinds and see if maybe they had gotten ahold of their copies of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yet. It's hard to tell even with my binoculars, so I started looking in the windows of the apartments across the street to see if anyone over there was reading it yet. Then John came in and took away my binoculars and told me if I kept doing that the neighbors will be calling the police on me, and despite my protests that I was just surveying the neighborhood for any early sign of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows activity, he sent me off to bed again. "It'll be morning before you know it, kiddo," he said, patting me on the head and tucking me in. "You go to sleep now."

I am trying now very hard to go to sleep.


No comments: