Wednesday, July 11, 2007

In today's Avengers, the role of Quicksilver will be played by Tom Cruise

I'm off for a few days to the sunny, wide-open Pacific Northwest, where the grass is green, the seafood is succulent and where I'm not bringing my laptop, so no updates until Saturday, Bully backers. I'll see ya on that day with the usual "Saturday Morning Cartoon" and "Separated at Birth" (guaranteed 100% Iron Man-free!)

In the meantime, why not relax, kick up your heels, slap some chillin' Miles Davis on the reel-to-reel, rap with a member of your family, and curl up with a good book, just like cool cat Pietro Maximoff here:
Avengers #99 panel
Panel from Avengers #99 (May 1972), written by Roy Thomas, art by Barry (Windsor-)Smith and Tom Sutton.


Wait a minute...what the heck book is Pietro reading, anyway? Let's zoom in through the magic of Marvel Essential-vision:
Avengers #99 panel


Hoo boy. You know...that explains a lot.

See you on Saturday! be good to yourselves and others.

EDIT: Quicksilver Kevin Church beat me to it many, many months ago. I actually commented three times on his post and don't remember a thing. I plead swiss cheese memory. I also blame society. I will now take his original color panel and alter the shades and tones of it, infuriating him until he tosses his whisky bottle at me. Tee hee.


5 comments:

SallyP said...

You know, considering what a royal paint Quicksilver ALWAYS was, it is a miracle that poor Wanda didn't lose her marbles earlier.

Kevin Church said...

DON'T YOU EVEN IMPLY I WOULD LET A DROP OF THE AMBROSIA I SO LOVE HIT THE FLOOR.

Siskoid said...

Royal paint! I love that slip!

Speaking of which...
I once painted Kevin Church's shed a slightly different shade of beige. I'm still getting hate mail.

Anonymous said...

I think I may start hanging out at Kevin's comic shop.

Then when he comes in, I'll press my hands onto my eyeballs for a while, so that when I let go I see different colors. Then I'll watch him, and he'll be ALL DIFFERENT COLORS - IN REAL LIFE - and he won't be able to do nothing' about it.

SallyP said...

Believe it or not, I am actually a very good speller. My keyboard on the other hand...is not.