Monday, March 26, 2007

In which both Uatu and I make a promise to you.

Hullo, Bully fans! I'd hoped to fill you in today with a couple photo-filled adventure-anecdotes about my quick trip last week to Seattle, home of one thousand coffee shops (in the University area alone), but it's been such a long and hectic day and I'm just settling down to a little International Coffee* "me" time right now, so here's my solemn promise: short picture post today, longer photo post tomorrow or Wednesday. A little teaser for the moment: big-ass doughnuts!

And now, for something completely comics, The Unsettling Slang of Uatu:

Avengers #118 panel
Panel from Avengers #118 (December 1973), written by Steve Englehart,
pencils by Bob Brown, inks by Mike Esposito or Frank Giacoia


And he's a Watcher. You can take him at his word. Even if his head is an unsettling contradictory shape.

See ya tomorrow (or Wednesday) with Seattle photos, or at the very least another brief post tomorrow. I'm off to watch The Riches. I love Eddie Izzard.

*My favorite International Coffee joke, which probably few people will get: "Do you remember that charming café on Risa?...That android!...That Klingon!...That Captain!...Jean-Luc!" (This might explain part of the joke.)


5 comments:

Hate Filled Poster said...

I would never molest you either Bully.

I usually don't do these word confirmation jokes, but mine is (lexpow) That's either the sound of Luthor hitting someone or Luthor getting hit. I haven't decided.

DYKC?™ said...

WOW, my his head is fantastically ginormous!

SallyP said...

Ohhhh...Uatu! Your lips say one thing, but your eyes promise another!

Anonymous said...

The Watcher looks like the Kingpin wearing eyeliner.

Richard said...

That precise joke about Jean-Luc was all I could ever think of whenever that International Coffee commercial went on. I knew I couldn't be the only one.