Wednesday, December 27, 2006

This day under construction

Some of you may have noticed I'm running about a day behind on blogging. In an attempt to keep slightly current and not fall tremendously behind on my London blogging, I'm going to skip this absolutely wonderful day but only for the moment—I'll fill it in from my notebook when I get home, over New Year's. There's plenty to say about today: a lovely walk through the Regent's Canal area (right in the back yard of my old stomping grounds of Paddington, and yet I'd never stepped into it at all before today), a visit to Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue and a contemplation on the puzzle-piece nature of the London streets, a hilarious evening out at the theatre seeing Rik Mayall's new play, and the perfect capper to a busy and fun-filled day, a trip back to the hotel on the top decker of a London bus. All this and more I absolutely promise I'll fill in around the edges when I get home (including any day that's missing a "London Song of the Day,"), but for the moment

No comments: