BLAST FROM THE PAST!...in which I will re-present some of my old website entries for an all new, blog-savvy audience. This new one is from May, 2002, when I first saw the wonderful, wonderful film Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones. So hope in your Delorean time machine, crank up your flux capacitor and let’s all go…back…to 2002!:
YAY!!!! I went on Tuesday to see Star Wars: Episode IIAttack of the Clones! Thanks to the wonderful Miss Emily, I got to go to an advance screening two days before the movie opened! Only the most very special people got to go to an advance screening of this movie! I am so lucky! Oh, and John went, too.
(L-R) Jedis, Padmé Amidala, Me, More Jedis.
I was waiting for this movie forever! You might think you are the biggest Star Wars fan in the world but that is me! You would have known I am such a huge fan of this movie because I was the one in the Count Dooku costume waiting on line. Except all I had was a black cape. So I was "Count Dooku on Laundry Day." Marshall wanted to be Chewbacca. Hee hee hee! Chewbacca is not in this movie, Marshall!...NO HE ISN'T!
It was a very fun movie. The special effects were really great and Natalie Portman is very very cute and I loved all the lightsaber fights. Anakin Skywalker frightens me! Brrrrr! He seems like he is going to turn out evil or something! Do you think that will happen? No, I bet not.
There were many fantastic bits in the movie. Here are My Top Ten Favorite Scenes in Star Wars: Episode IIAttack of the Clones:
10) Alfred Hitchcock cameo in the clone breeding scene.
9) The guy in the stands of the arena with the big sign that said "We Watch the Arena Games on ABC: Always Be Crushin' Jedis!".
8) Little Boba Fett versus Little Han Solo fight.
7) Amidala kissing a Wookiee behind Anakin's back.
6) The atomic-powered Yoda-Mobile!
5) Mace Windu slamming back a frosty can of Colt .45.
4) Ten minute-long apology by George Lucas for The Phantom Menace.
3) Jar Jar Binks's haunting rendition of the Love Theme from Attack of the Clones.
2) Amazing detail of Ewan MacGregor's computer-animated beard.
1) The burning and sacking of Atlanta by General Grant and his troops.
I cannot wait until I can see it again! In the meantime I am surfing the web and looking through all my favorite Star Wars related websites. Why don't you look at them with me? C'mon, it'll be fun!
- The Official Star Wars: Episode II--Attack of the Clones Website!
- My favorite Star Wars: Episode II--Attack of the Clones tie-in merchandise!
- The Star Wars Kids website. This is for little kids. Like Marshall. Hey Marshall, I bet there are pictures of Chewbacca on this website!
- Queen Amidala. She's my favorite! She is sooooo cuuuuuute!!!!!!! "I will not condone a course of action that will lead my people to war, Senator." Hee hee hee!
- Star Wars toys and action figures by Hasbro. Collect 'em all! John did!
- Star Wars Legos. I like to build Legos! I just have to remember they are not for eating. They just look so yummy and candy-licious! Mnmmmmm...Legos.
- The Injuries of Darth Vader page. Ouch! That looks like it hurts, Mister Vader.
- Christmas with Chewbacca!
Umm, Miss Emily...can you get me a ticket to see Episode III? I would like to see it next week, please. Thank you.
A PS from the 2005 Bully: I didn't get to see Episode III that next week, but I saw it this year! Boy, was that exciting! I can't wait until Mister Lucas makes Episode IV! Maybe I will stand in line for it right now! What do you think happens to Anakin? Do you think he has a future career in his big clumsy black armor? Well anyway, in the meantime, you can get Episode III (and II, too!) from Amazon.com! Amazon.com, where excitement and adventure is only a click away! Yay!